Meta-owned WhatsApp is one of the most widely used instant messaging applications in India and globally. One of the main reasons for its popularity is its continuous efforts to introduce new features and security updates, making the platform more user-friendly.
In fact, just last month, WhatsApp rolled out five new features (mostly available for beta users). These include the ability to use multiple accounts on the same device and a redesigned interface for iOS users. Here is the list of all the new features recently released on the Meta-owned app.
– The instant messaging app has been testing the ability to use multiple accounts on the same device which stops you from using two phones to use the messaging app. And now, the feature is rolled out for Android users.
“We’re introducing the ability to have two WhatsApp accounts logged in at the same time. Helpful for switching between accounts – such as your work and personal – now you no longer need to log out each time, carry two phones or worry about messaging from the wrong place,” WhatsApp had said.
– WhatsApp recently rolled out a new feature that will allow iOS users to send photos and videos as documents to preserve their original quality. The feature is already available on Android devices but now it is coming iOS as well. The instant messaging app also said that that it is possible to share documents up to 2GB in size.
– The Meta-owned app has released a new privacy feature to protect the IP address in calls. A new Advanced section has been introduced in the privacy settings screen of WhatsApp. This section contains the new ‘protect IP address in calls’ option to ensure a more secure experience during voice and video calls.
– WhatsApp has introduced a redesigned interface with new colours and icons. However, it is available to a limited number of users for now (iOS). The new interface includes a new green colour as the main tint color of the app.
– WhatsApp users can now pin messages within chats and groups. The new pinned message feature is available in the context message menu and it allows users to pin the selected message to the top of their conversation, simplifying the process of highlighting important or frequently referenced messages.