The Delhi Traffic Police has recommended the people of Delhi-NCR to follow ‘Mappls Mapmyindia App’ for any crucial information regarding the traffic, public transport routes towards the airport, railway stations, bus and metro stations ahead of the G20 Summit from September 9.
Here are some key points from the Delhi Traffic Police’s post from September 1:
• Airport, railway, metro services, interstate buses, and city buses will be functional as usual, but services may be affected or curtailed.
• Metro services will be available at all stations, with the exception of the Supreme Court metro station on specific dates and times.
• Interstate buses will be allowed entry into Delhi and will have terminating points on the Ring Road as suggested in the traffic advisory.
• City buses will operate on the Ring Road and beyond towards the borders of Delhi, but service will not be available in the New Delhi area.
• TSRs (Three-Wheelers) and Taxis will not be allowed to enter or ply in New Delhi during specific hours during the Summit.
• Taxis carrying bonafide residents and tourists having valid bookings in hotels located inside New Delhi District will be allowed to ply on the road network inside New Delhi.
• Bonafide residents and authorized vehicles will be allowed to move within New Delhi.
• Vehicles dealing with housekeeping, catering and waste management for hotels, hospitals and other important installations in New Delhi will be allowed after verification.
The Delhi Traffic Police also said: “To manage traffic effectively, advanced traffic control measures and technologies may be deployed during the G20 summit. These can include smart traffic signals, real-time traffic updates through mobile apps and traffic surveillance systems to ensure smooth flow and minimize congestion.”
However, it urged people to download the Mappls MapmyIndia App for accurate alternative routes “in consonance with traffic regulations”.
The app provides real-time route closures and traffic diversions based on official and updated Delhi Police traffic advisories. It offers accurate alternative routes in line with traffic regulations, ensuring that users can navigate the city seamlessly despite temporary changes in transportation routes.
Mappls has collaborated with the authorities to provide the public with accurate maps and navigation guidance, ensuring a hassle-free travel experience based on official and updated advisories.
However, apart from downloading the app to navigate the city smoothly during the G20 event from September 8, commuters are encouraged to stay informed through official channels.
For real-time traffic updates and further information, people can visit the G20 traffic virtual help desk https://traffic.delhipolice.gov.in/dtpg20info/ , Delhi traffic website, Delhi traffic social media pages, WhatsApp number 8750871493, Helpline Numbers 1095/011-25844444 and Delhi police official website.