World Mental Health Day 2023: The Cupertino-based tech giant Apple recently launched new mental health features aimed at raising awareness and providing support to its vast user base of iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch owners worldwide.
These new tools are in addition to the features already available to Apple users.
On this World Mental Health Day, here are several ways you can use your Apple devices to support your mental wellbeing.
1. Apple’s new ‘State of Mind’ features is available on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. It allows users to log their current emotions and daily moods. By doing so, individuals can gain valuable insights into potential contributors to their emotional state, such as lifestyle factors like sleep and exercise.
2. On iPhone and iPad, you can access the same depression and anxiety assessments often used in clinics to understand your risk level. You can share these results with your care team for more informed conversations.
3. The Mindfulness app on the Apple Watch encourages you to set aside a few minutes a day to focus, center, and connect as you breathe. You can even create a Breathe watch face that encourages you to relax and breathe mindfully through the day.
4. Apple’s Fitness+ offers meditations to help users develop a regular meditation routine and improve their overall sense of well-being. Users can choose from 10 themes including Kindness, Gratitude, Awareness, Calm and Sleep.
5. Sleep – According to Apple, Sleep plays an important role in both physical and mental health. Tracking is a good start, but the Sleep experience on Apple Watch and iPhone goes further. It helps you create a schedule and a bedtime routine so you can meet your sleep goals, even during the busiest of times.
Studies in the past suggested that the connection between physical activity and mental wellbeing, along with spending time outdoors.
6. Apple users can can use their Apple Watch to take walks or hikes, and see the data in the Health app, along with how much time they are spending in daylight with our new feature.